Thinking of taking out a personal loan? In honor of this financial tool that can be used for a variety of reasons, we decided to take a look at personal loan options around the United States. In this article, we’ll look at personal loans in San Antonio.
Due to their focus on their local communities, this list is comprised of credit unions. However, you can find a personal loan plenty of other ways, like online lenders or local and larger banks. All rates listed here are current as of July 5, 2019.¹
Some of the Best Personal Loan Options in San Antonio
Synergy Federal Credit Union was started for employees of Valero Energy Corporation. It has since expanded to help people who work at the following companies: CST Brands, NuStar Energy, Pearson, Tesoro Corporation, and Valero Energy Corporation. (Families of these employees are also eligible to join.) You can call 210-345-2222 or 888-272-8228 or email email@example.com to see if you might be eligible to join.
- Founded: February 20, 1980, as Valero FCU and changed name to Synergy FCU on April 4, 2011
- Stats: More than 11,500 members and more than $230 million in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 4.90% minimum
Originally formed to serve military service members and families, Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union has opened its doors to many more members across Texas in cities like Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, and San Antonio. You can call 1-800-580-3300 to see if you’re eligible to join.
- Founded: 1952
- Stats: More than 55 branches and assets totaling more than $9.2 billion
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8% – 17.50% minimum
Navy Federal Credit Union is an organization that admits its members for life. Men and women who serve in all branches of the armed forces (and their families) can join, as can Department of Defense personnel. You can learn more about membership requirements here.
- Founded: 1933
- Stats: More than $97 million in assets and more than 8 million members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.19% – 18%
What started as a credit union for employees and families of employees of the City of San Antonio, the San Antonio Fire Department, and the San Antonio Police Department has grown quite a bit. Generations Community Federal Credit Union now serves the following Texas counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
- Founded: 1940
- Stats: More than $500 million in assets and more than 50,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.25% minimum
What was started by a group of service members at Lackland Air Force Base has since grown to members around the world, expanding to civilians as well. For example, membership is now open to service members in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. You can find out if you’re eligible to join the credit union by contacting them here.
- Founded: 1952
- Stats: More than 47,000 members and $387.9 million in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.50% minimum
River City Federal Credit Union began as San Antonio Telephone Employees Federal Credit Union and now serves the community of Bexar County. The credit union has five branches in San Antonio and is part of a larger network of shared branches around the United States.
- Founded: 1936
- Stats: More than $100 million in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.75% minimum
What was one of San Antonio’s first credit unions, Credit Human has undergone a multitude of name changes and growth over the years. There are many ways to become eligible for membership of Credit Human, and you can look here to see if you might qualify.
- Founded: 1935
- Stats: Almost $3 billion in assets and more than 200,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.75% – 15.25%
Looking to consolidate debt with a personal loan? Make sure your credit is in good shape and fix errors before you apply with Upturn Credit’s FREE tool!
A credit union exclusively for employees of CPS Energy and their families. Members are eligible to remain members for life, even after leaving employment at CPS Energy.
- Founded: 1938
- Stats: Undisclosed
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.75% – 18%
What began as an employee-created credit union has expanded to serve a variety of people in the San Antonio area. See if your work or location makes you eligible to join here.
- Founded: 1956
- Stats: More than $60 million in assets and more than 10,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.90% minimum
Originally hailing as San Antonio Teachers Credit Union, Firstmark Credit Union has gone through many changes over the years. Now, various types of professionals and residents in San Antonio can join. Check here to see if you’re eligible.
- Founded: 1932
- Stats: Undisclosed
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 5.99% – 9.49%
¹This list of loans is provided for informational purposes only. Upturn Credit does not endorse any particular loan or have any relationship with the lenders. You should review all product information carefully before applying for any loan.