If you’re looking for a personal loan to finance a purchase or consolidate debt, local credit unions can offer deals you might not expect. Below is a list of such deals for those who live or work in San Diego, with the personal loan rates being current as of July 5, 2019.¹
Some of the Best Personal Loan Options in San Diego
All people who live or work in San Diego and Riverside County can join California Coast Credit Union.
- Founded: 1929
- Stats: More than 180,000 members and approximately $2.5 billion in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 3.90% minimum
USE Credit Union started out in life as California State Employees Credit Union #17 and now serves any California state or university employee. Membership to the credit union is also available to the following counties: Alameda, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara, and Yolo.
- Founded: 1936
- Stats: Assets of more than $950 million and members totaling more than 60,000
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 7.49% – 19.99%
California Credit Union was born of a merger between California Credit Union and North Island Credit Union, the former of which was a credit union for the education community and the latter of which served military and civil service employees. After the two joined forces, the credit union began serving the people of Orange, Riverside, and San Diego counties, as well as the types of employees listed here.
- Founded: 1933
- Stats: More than $3 million in assets and 164,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 7.99% minimum
Need a personal loan? Dispute credit report errors before you apply with Upturn Credit’s FREE tool.
Navy Federal Credit Union serves all branches of the armed forces, as well as the Department of Defense. You can find out if you might be eligible to join here.
- Founded: 1933
- Stats: More than 8 million members and more than $97 million in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 8.19% – 18%
Employees of Northrop Grumman Corporation can join this credit union, as can others listed here.
- Founded: 1946
- Stats: More than $1.1 billion in assets and 52,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 5.99% – 9.50% minimum
Anyone who lives in San Diego County (or works there) can join Cabrillo Credit Union. Various employee groups can join as well, and you can view a list of eligibility requirements here.
- Founded: 1955
- Stats: More than 23,000 members and more than $300 million in assets
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 9.65% minimum
Firefighters living in San Diego County are eligible to join SDFF, as can their families and employees of related organizations. You can call (619) 283-5477 to see if you qualify.
- Founded: 1984
- Stats: More than $98 million in assets and about 3,700 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 9.90% minimum
Point Loma Credit Union serves the people of Riverside and San Diego counties, all of whom are eligible to apply for membership.
- Founded: 1948
- Stats: Assets totaling $500 million and almost 30,000 members
- Unsecured Personal Loan APR: 10.99% minimum
¹This list of loans is provided for informational purposes only. Upturn Credit does not endorse any particular loan or have any relationship with the lenders. You should review all product information carefully before applying for any loan.